cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any production VMware cloud Collaboration user out there?

mclean.danny
Level 1
Level 1

I'm exploring solutions for a client that want's all services to be off-prem. I looked into Webex Calling and Broad Cloud but both have severe limitations for y requirements. Has anyone deployed CM or other Collab applications to VMware Cloud in AWS or Azure? Looks to be pretty expensive on the AWS side. Around 5k just for a single VMware host, not including the EC2 charges and footprint. Any insight would be appreciated.

https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws/get-started

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

I have. We are a MSP and a Cisco partner. It's a lot of infrastructure to stand up for my needs. I would like to build and manage it myself. VMware Cloud looks like a good fit, Webex Calling is limited and HCS seems to be a big undertaking. We have a handful of clients mostly running their UC applications on UCS. I have a potential client that is looking to have everything off-prem.

The problem that has killed every one of these I have seen thus far is the minimum requirement of four VMC hosts per-AWS region, far more than a Cisco Collab implementation typically needs. Doubly so since not all apps support this deployment model yet. Then there is the WAN/VPN connectivity aspect of course. I see this show up on RFPs but no one actually pulls the trigger.