Views
Helpful
Replies

Apostrophe is user ID

Wolfy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I seem to have an issue updating the user on the CUCM via AXL when there is an apostrophe in the user ID.
I receive  the following error: "Client received SOAP Fault from server: A syntax error has occurred."

I tried to escape it, but haven't succeeded so far. Is there a known way to make this work?

Thanks,
Balazs

10 Replies 10

Do you really need to have an apostrophe in the user ID? AFAIK it is not allowed to use extended character set in user names.

Response Signature

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Solution: Get rid of the special character(s) in the userid (this is very ugly).

Wolfy
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I totally agree with you, apostrophe definitely shouldn't be in the user ID. Unfortunately this is out of my reach.

Can you post your SOAP request?

I use AXL from Java, classes generated with JAX-WS.
I wasn't really able to get hold of the XML data so far.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Total shot in the dark here: when you say that you tried to escape it, did you try %27 ?

Thanks, I tried it now, but didn't work out either.
Meanwhile we reached out to Cisco to get some help.

@Wolfy curious if you found a solution for this.  I just ran into the same issue and there is a very low probability of getting user ID's adjusted to remove the special character.  Thanks.

Hi Martin,

What I did in the end was to minimize the set of fields where we use the logon ID (e.g. we use it in the UDP/RDP name) - replacing it with an underscore. A few places where I had to keep it (e.g. DoDeviceLoginReq), I escaped/doubled the apostrophe, this way it seems to be working so far.

Brilliant!  I did not try escaping the apostrophe with an apostrophe.  Thanks for the quick reply and fix.  Cheers!