cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AudioText Manager unable to re-record greeting

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

I got this running and trying to edit a custom greeting and it seems like it is holding onto the very first greeting I made.  I tried deleting, overwriting, deleting the call handler to no avail, it simply will not let me replace the file.  Has anyone seen this before?  

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so are you getting an error/warning back when you upload the recording?  Are you recording via ATM using a microphone or uploading a pre recorded piece of audio from another source?  Have you tried another piece of media (i.e. a wav file from the windows\media folder)?

also, what version of Unity Connection are you attaching to?

Unity 10.5 and I figured out how to make it work, albeit its a pain.  

To update a recorded greeting I have to switch it back to use the default greeting, save it, then switch it back to personal, save it then record it and save it again.  

Also the recording (whether I record it via ATM or audacity and upload the .wav file) sounds great on my computer but when when it saves and hear it on the phone it sounds really tingy and washed out.  And it seems to add a lisp to the speakers voice which is really weird.  Almost like Cisco is downgrading the .wav or something that makes it sound bad once its uploaded/saved.  Anyone notice that?    

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Are you able to update recordings via Greetings Administrator if you dial into it? 

ASsuming you have it active.