cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audit Line Associations

Ian Meyers
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to be able to do an export of all devices and use it to do a audit to verify if all the associated lines are also associated with users for presence information.  I don't see the "Users Associated with Line" as a column when I export devices.  Is there somewhere else where I can get this information in a export?

2 Replies 2

I've been pondering how to get the report you are asking for, and am coming up empty. It's not in Generate User Reports or Generate Phone Reports, or part of a Custom Phone/Line format. I even did a full Export (via Import/Export) and the information you are looking for isn't there either. The system must have the table somewhere, but I don't know how to extract it.

However, if the end goal is to make sure that all Line Appearances have user associations for Presence, you can do the following:

• In BAT > Users > Line Appearance > Export you can export a list of all users and either the primary extension and/or all DNs associated with all devices associated with the user.
  • Once you have this list (of all DNs on all devices associated with a user), you can go through it to determine if any of those DNs should *not* have Line Appearance associations and remove those.
  • Then, through BAT > Users > Line Appearance > Import you can import the resulting file (whether you make changes or not), and this import will make the Line Appearance associations. (Super Easy!)

I hope this fits the bill. If I can figure out how to run the report I'll post it here.

Maren

This is a process I’m aware of but doesn’t help me measure the extent of the implementation process issue or if there even is a process issue. Thanks for responding and confirming that we’re in the same boat! I’ll follow up if I find the table in the schema guide or some other way.