cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant using Cisco Unity and mapping a key on caller input with some extensions

armandi10
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

We are trying to deploy on a client a Cisco Telephony system with Cisco UCM and Cisco Unity. We have to create an Auto Attendant with Cisco Unity. We know how to do, you should create the handler and then go to caller input and map keys (0,1,2..9) to different extensions. The unity offers the possibility to map only a key with one extension. We want to map some extensions with the same key (for example press 1 and then should ring an extension, if that extension does not respond, should ring another extension and so on), let's say something similar with Cisco Contact Center. We know how to do via CUCM by creating a hunt list and a pilot number but, my question is if Cisco Unity itself offers something like this without doing configuration on CUCM to map a key on caller input with a group of extensions ? If unity offers some flexibility for the time an extension should ring and then transfer the call to another, or if it takes into account the availability of extensions to route the calls.

Thanks for the support.

3 Replies 3

my question is if Cisco Unity itself offers something like this without doing configuration on CUCM to map a key on caller input with a group of extensions ? No Such option.

Instead of extension number Configure your hunt pilot number as your user input option. 

Response Signature

No there is no such functionality in Unity AFAIK.

Response Signature

The only way I think you could have it hunt to multiple destinations is if you built a hunt list in in CUCM, and had Unity use the hunt pilot for that hunt list as the transfer destination. Once Unity transfers the call to CUCM, it is out of the picture. You can change the destination to which it transfers and build the hunt sequence you want in CUCM.