Replies

auto attendent

shazeb051
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dear all.

I need help please.

I configured auto attended in unity I am using unity and CM version 9.1 

But when a call is comming to any extension its not invoking greeting message .. Call coming directly to extension 

What more should I do to have ivr before call.

Please help me as soon as. 

20 Replies 20

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is it SIP or SCCP integration?

Do you want if someone calls extension, it should get forwarded to Unity? If yes, did you configure call forward with all partitions, CSS etc in place?

Did you check if call is hitting Unity or not?

- Vivek

Dear vivek,

Yes its sip, and yes exactly I want this if any body calling from outside its forwarded to unity and give a audio greeting  and caller input like for operator press 5 .I configure from Cisco website the same step  but unable to get  greeting on call. Can you please help me out with this...and I am doing auto attended for the first time..how to check call hitting to it???

Did you forward the call to route pattern which is pointed to Unity SIP trunk?

Is the respective user added in Unity?

If you make a call to that number, what do you get?

- Vivek

Dear vivek,

i don't remember the route but my unity is working fine .. When call is coming its not invoking ivr ..greeting .. Do I send the images how I configured? 

What happens to the call, what do you hear? 

Does voicemail work for everything else, i.e. checking messages from phone, leaving messages for users?

Can you use port monitor app to see if proper digits are arriving to UCXN:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Chris

Dear cheris unity connection is working fine all send and receive but when out going call is coming its not greeting ..may b I did mistake any where I am unable to correct it...

Please define "out going call is coming"

is it only not working for the Auto Attendant greeting or all greetings including user voicemail greetings? Is it not working only when call arrives from outside and works when called internally?

Dear cherish,

Yes for all calls internal and incoming calls to cucm greeting is not working..  For internal calls not required but when some body calls from outside to cucm any extension    its not greeting .. And user Voice mail greetings also.. WHen I press msg button user voice mail greeting n ivr working but somebody internally not received call its not.

Dear cheris yes for all greetings .. Incoming or out going both..

But I don't required for internal call .. Any how we dial directly extension .but I want greetings if any call to any any extension from outside mobile to cucm .

Hi,

If your requirement is simple creating auto-attendant for external calls only and integration is using SIP, just create new 'route pattern' and point it to the unity connection. In unity connection, create direct routing rule and match the route pattern to forward it to call handler. Configure the call handler to build your auto attendant. That's it!

- Vivek

Dear Vivek,

I did the same create pattern point it .still greetings no coming.... can you check it once please...i will share team viewer... 

Hi,

Can you please let me know what you hear on phone when dial the number(/route pattern)?

- Vivek

dear vivek,

when i dial  from my mobile to any   extnsion its not showing greetings first.. its directly ringing the extension.

can i see it once the configuration via Tm.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi dear,

I have problem in understanding what you actual did in terms of configuration.

When I was suggesting you to simply create route pattern and point it to the unity connection and configure direct routing rule in CUC, there was no interaction with the extension/phone.

For a time being, don't use extension number to forward it to unity. Let say your extension number (/DN) is 1111, remove this DN (if possible) and create route pattern as 1111. Point this route pattern to unity connection. Configure direct routing rule in unity with dialed number equals to 1111 and set the destination of direct routing rule to desired call handler.

Test it step by step. First see whether it works for internal calls or not, then check for external calls. To test from internal calls, dial 1111 from any phone and see if you can reach call handler. Ensure phone CSS can see the 1111 partition.

- Vivek