Replies

best matching route pattern definition

Meddane
VIP
VIP

best matching route pattern definition

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is just to confirm the correct definition of Closest Matching in CUCM I mentioned previously"

"This means that the CUCM always looks the closest matching routing Digit by Digit, even though the endpoint sent the dialed number en Bloc." , because I tested the scenario using both Digit By Digit and En-Bloc from the Phone 's perspective in order to ensure that the route pattern 15! is always matched regardless the dialing method from the user 's perspective.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

15XX and 15! is it both in same Partition, can you share calling party CSS configuration. Does Urgent priority checked  on 15! RP ?

Response Signature

First case, both RP 15XX and 15! are in same partition internal. and see DNA result. It match 15XX which is the closest match.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Case two, they are in different partition. 15XX in international partition and 15! in internal partition.  CSS international has first partition  internal and last partition international. In this case when you dial 1515 it match with the 15! even though its not the closet match.

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

I changed the Partition order and made the international on top. so now it match 15XX instead of 15! RP.

Capture11.PNGCapture12.PNG

case three, both are in same parition. But for 15! i have checked URGENT PRIORITY. in this case, instead of 15XX it match with the 15! RP.

Capture7.PNGCapture8.PNG

Capture10.PNGCapture9.PNG

Response Signature

Both routes pattern are in the "none" partition. And no urgent priority checked.  My question is clear: why the route pattern 15! is matched first even if it has unlimited matched digit strings?

First two digit  15, it match with 15! RP because its exact match than 1[3-5]. .

Instead of using 1[3-5]XX if i use 15XX, if i dial 1515  it match with RP 15XX. Now 15XX is closest match than 15!.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Response Signature

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If two RP configured on system for same pattern then system works based on below criteria 

1: Check Urgent priority on RP

2: Check Calling Party CSS: So CSS contain prioritise list of partition, it will check which RP Partition added first on calling Party line css if two pattern match.

3: Based on Best RP Match 

So you need to verify above based on your configuration.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question please click “Accept as Solution”.

Because it is a better match as the first two digits in the dialled number 1515 is explicitly matched with the 15! route pattern. Whereas with 1[3-5]XX it match the 1 explicitly, but then it can match more than one digit, namely 3, 4 or 5. This causes the first route pattern to be the better match by the route logic.

Response Signature

This means that the CUCM always looks the closest matching routing Digit by Digit, even though the endpoint sent the dial number in Bloc.

AFAIK for enblock, it should match 1[3-5]XX.. With KPML an sccp  it will be digit by digit which match 15!.i have no SIP phones with me to test this now

When running DNA for both SIP and SCCP, the behavior was same.

Response Signature

I would think that this could be correct, however most current SIP phones would for the most send the dialled string number by number as they use KPML, unless configured with the old style SIP dial rules, but that’s likely an exception these days.

Response Signature

In the past the Digit by Digit and en bloc method depended to the signaling protocol, today regardless the signaling protocol, the Digit by digit and en-bloc methods depend to the way the user is dialing the digits:

-If he is off-hook, the digits are sent digit by digit for both SCCP and SIP Endpoints

-If he is on-hook, the digits are sent en-bloc for both SCCP and SIP Endpoints.

Not really what I wrote in my answer. As you never mentioned enbloc dialling in your original question, so that could not be apart of the criteria for the answer given.

Response Signature

This is just to confirm the correct definition of Closest Matching in CUCM I mentioned previously"

"This means that the CUCM always looks the closest matching routing Digit by Digit, even though the endpoint sent the dialed number en Bloc." , because I tested the scenario using both Digit By Digit and En-Bloc from the Phone 's perspective in order to ensure that the route pattern 15! is always matched regardless the dialing method from the user 's perspective.

Meddane
VIP
VIP