Views
Helpful
Replies

Build Telephony Dev Server Environment

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have a project to migrate current LDAP authentication to SAML SSO. I already look into Cisco documentations and want to test it out on a dev environment.

My current deployment has CM, IMP, Unity Connection, Expressways E & C, all in HA (publisher and subscriber). Any idea on how to build a proper dev to test the SAML SSO?

I already started it by restoring only CM, IMP, and UC, but only the publisher nodes of each server, due to the server resource limitation. I cloned the production servers and boot the clones then set it up to use different IP and domain. Changing the IP and domain of the CM and UC were successful, but not on the IMP. I always got stuck with the DB error and the tomcat service won't start properly. I tried build a brand new IMP server then restore from the backup of the production server, but it failed. Anyone has the experience building a dev environment? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the only thing you’d want to test is the authentication then why not build a complete new setup of all your servers? Do you really need to have the configuration for all devices and so on as for your production systems?

About the DB error you see, just speculating but can that not be from that you don’t have all the nodes in the systems when you did the clones? My recommendation would be to remove any of the nodes that you don’t have in your dev environment from the configuration before you try to change IP or host name or try to do the restore.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

If the only thing you’d want to test is the authentication then why not build a complete new setup of all your servers? Do you really need to have the configuration for all devices and so on as for your production systems?

About the DB error you see, just speculating but can that not be from that you don’t have all the nodes in the systems when you did the clones? My recommendation would be to remove any of the nodes that you don’t have in your dev environment from the configuration before you try to change IP or host name or try to do the restore.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I want to test the migration before the actual thing happened. So when we perform the real one, we know what are the steps that we should do, and what are the changes from the user perspective.

Regarding the DB, does it mean that I need to break the HA first before changing the IP and domain?

Yes as you do not have both the nodes in the dev setup you would need to do that.

I think you read to much into this change, it’s actually pretty straightforward and not very noticeable for the end users, not in a negative way anyway.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I will setup my subscriber nodes also. Thank you.