Views
Helpful
Replies

bulk Update for 7945 Phones

bahpang.adm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to update the " Phone Button Template" field to change it to 1 line and 1 Speed Dial. 

• Issue 1:
    • If I use " Bulk Administration/Phones/Update Phones/Query" I cannot update the " Phone Button Template" if the result is more than 1.

Can someone tell me if this is the right way? 

• Issue 2:
    • Once I have been able to update the  "Phone Button Template" (1 line and 1 Speed Dial), I want to configure the speed dial for all phones to a specific number. Note that the Speed dial needs to be configured on all phones when there is no user logged in. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to do the update manually for about 300 phones. 

thanks.

Bert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

About Issue #1, do you get any errors? And when you say 'more then 1 result' you mean more then one phone? Because it shouldn't be an issue, this is the purpose of this bulk, that you can change more then one phone ;)

I think it might be something else, so if you get any errors, please share it with us.

Also it might help to print screen the new phone button template you created.

About Issue #2, Why do you need to make the change only on phones that there's no user logged in? Anyway, regardless to this request, you can do "Import / Export" -> Export

Select only 'Phones' and export the configurations. Then when you get the tar file, extract it, and open 'phones.csv' in Excel, then you need to filter by the device type to leave only 7945 Phones. Afterwards, in the last columns it should contain all the speed dial information, so just fill in the first speed dial the data you want and save the file back to .CSV format and archieve it back to TAR file along with the header.txt file that already is in there.

Then go to: Bulk Administration -> Upload / Download Files. Press 'Add New' and upload the file, and selecting 'Import / Export' in the Select the Target field. Afterwards, go to Bulk Administration -> Import / Export -> Import, and use the uploaded file.

Please be careful when you're doing it. I suggest you to also make a backup of the configurations in case you do something wrong.

BTW, you can use the above method for changing the Phone Button Template for all of your 7945 devices.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

See if helps helps

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11616231/using-bat-how-insert-or-create-phone-button-templates

JB

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

About Issue #1, do you get any errors? And when you say 'more then 1 result' you mean more then one phone? Because it shouldn't be an issue, this is the purpose of this bulk, that you can change more then one phone ;)

I think it might be something else, so if you get any errors, please share it with us.

Also it might help to print screen the new phone button template you created.

About Issue #2, Why do you need to make the change only on phones that there's no user logged in? Anyway, regardless to this request, you can do "Import / Export" -> Export

Select only 'Phones' and export the configurations. Then when you get the tar file, extract it, and open 'phones.csv' in Excel, then you need to filter by the device type to leave only 7945 Phones. Afterwards, in the last columns it should contain all the speed dial information, so just fill in the first speed dial the data you want and save the file back to .CSV format and archieve it back to TAR file along with the header.txt file that already is in there.

Then go to: Bulk Administration -> Upload / Download Files. Press 'Add New' and upload the file, and selecting 'Import / Export' in the Select the Target field. Afterwards, go to Bulk Administration -> Import / Export -> Import, and use the uploaded file.

Please be careful when you're doing it. I suggest you to also make a backup of the configurations in case you do something wrong.

BTW, you can use the above method for changing the Phone Button Template for all of your 7945 devices.

Thank you. This works.

I also found my issue after digging more deeper.

The filter I was using was the cause.

Filtering by Description and Device Protocol cause to hide the Phone Button Template.

Thank you all for your help. 

Bert