Views
Helpful
Replies

CA Signed Cert for CUCM

DuBu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

We have CUCM 12.5 with IMP /Unity(SCCP)/UCCE/Expressways etc and other 3rd party apps like Verint Recorders, IPC Turrets.

The Call Manager Certificate is currently a "self-signed" cert. We plan to move from self signed to a CA signed cert. My question is would changing it to CA cert cause any impact on the integration with other Cisco apps along with the 3rd party apps?

What are the things we need to keep in mind before proceeding with this so as to avoid any disruption in the environment.

4 Replies 4

It would depend on if the other systems has the root and any intermediate certificates of the CA present in their trust store. If they do there should be no impact, but if they don’t there might be an impact.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger, How do i check if the root and any intermediate certificates of the CA is present in their trust store?

Also, are you referring to other Cisco UC devices or 3rd party devices as well?

Thanks in Advance

As you asked about both other Cisco systems and 3:rd party systems my answer is for that.

You would need to check on the systems to see if they have the certificate(s) in their trust store.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger

So for example if i need to check for Unity, I need to go to OS Admin-->Security--> Cert Management--> Search for Root Cert ? Is this correct. and similarly for other UC and 3rd party apps

Also, our CUCM is in MIxed Mode, would that also need to be considered when moving from Self Signed to CA signed.

Thanks