cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD is not updating with Presence (CUPS)

vinnypie
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure this is the proper place to discuss this.

I have a customer that has the following setup:

Customer is running UCCX 7.01 with Presence 7.08
The CAD client agent status' are not updating with the Presence updates

Presence Updates for one agent (Agent A) are coming in XML within the SIP message. Presence Updates for a different agent (Agent B) come in with an additional Presence layer underneath SIP. I bet CAD requires this Presence XML doc (RFC 3863) to be in the message.

Theres gotta be something in CUPS or on their CUPC config different between agent A and Agent B causing this.

Do you know what configuration on CUPS or CUPC determines whether these SIP Notifications are sent with straight XML or with Presence XML. Show them the Content-Type field in the SIP Header fields in the SIP Notify packets.

Presence, MSN Communicator, and CAD Chat can show the same agent in different states.

Can these three programs work together and get the same agent state or does one override the others?

I have attached screen shots of the Presence configuration as well as the issue with MSN Communication and Presence..

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're ok with the presence status tracking the agents phone (on hook/ off hook) then all you'd need to check is that the agent DN (per line per device, so go to the device configuration page for the phone then click the line) at the bottom of the DN configuration page the "Users Associated with Line" is set with the correct user.  This is what causes Call Manager to send out the PUBLISH to the presence server when the phone goes off hook or on hook.

Linking to the other thread on this: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2047925?stqc=true

Thank you for the response. I will webex with the customer and verify the settings and update you.