cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Party Transformation Pattern not working

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

I want to forward a company number to the cellphone of an external worker, with no physical phone in the company. Because there is no phone device, I can't set the external phone number mask and I need to use a Calling Party Transformation Pattern.

I have created a translation pattern of the company phone number to a DN:

Djeten_0-1695301670802.png

On the DN, I have set Forward All to the cellphone:

Djeten_1-1695301781544.png

I have created a Calling Party Transformation Pattern so that the DN is translated to the company number:

Djeten_2-1695301916869.png

The CSS of the Forward is called DE_Redirecting, and in this CSS is the Partition DE_Redirect.

In this DE_Redirect Partition, there is a route pattern that allows calling to the PSTN and the Calling Party Transformation Pattern I created.

Djeten_4-1695302456560.png

When I call the company number, the call is sent out, but it is blocked by the provider because the DN is used instead of the company number:

Djeten_3-1695302385949.png

Why is the Calling Party Transformation Pattern not applied?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I wouldn't put a calling / called transformation pattern in the same partitions as the normal TP or RP.
I would always separate them.
E.g. for the calling party transformation pattern, add a partition called "PT-calling-party-transform" and assign it to a CSS "CSS-calling-party-transfrom".

Furthermore, have you assigned the CSS with the PT and the transformation pattern to the outgoing GW / SIP-Trunk?

View solution in original post

The CSS used for call forwarding needs to see the partition that is used for call routing, but not the partition that is used for the transformation pattern. The partition used for the transformation pattern should be in another CSS that is then set as the Calling Party Transformation CSS for outbound calls on the trunk. See the below pictures to make this clearer hopefully.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

This CSS does and should not see any partition(s) that are used for call processing, just as no CSS used for call processing, for example call forward, directory numbers or direct calls, should see any partition(s) used for transformations. Hopefully that's clear enough.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I wouldn't put a calling / called transformation pattern in the same partitions as the normal TP or RP.
I would always separate them.
E.g. for the calling party transformation pattern, add a partition called "PT-calling-party-transform" and assign it to a CSS "CSS-calling-party-transfrom".

Furthermore, have you assigned the CSS with the PT and the transformation pattern to the outgoing GW / SIP-Trunk?

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

The transformation patterns are in different partitions and CSS's. That is the DE_Redirect CSS and DE_Redirecting partition that I mentioned. 

But you were right about the CSS of the SIP trunk. I added the partition of the transformation pattern to the CSS of the trunk and now it works. Thx!

Out of curiosity to what CSS on the trunk did you make the change?

From what I can tell you do have the call routing and transformation in the same partition. Per your outline both of them are in the DE_Redirect partition. As @b.winter wrote that is not recommended as it will cause undesirable effects and issues. You should have call routing configuration, like RP, TP and DN, in partition(s) that are different than the ones where you have transformations. Furthermore these two “types” of partitions should never ever be in the same CSS’(s). You should have specific CSS’s used for transformation and others used for call processing, ie call routing. Even if it works now as you say I strongly advise you to rework this so that you have separate CSS and partition(s) for call routing and another CSS and partition for transformations.

Also per your outline you seem to have a DN that is not assigned to any device. That’s really not recommended as that would make it impossible to use the cleanup method of removing all unassigned DNs within Route Plan Report. It would be advisable to use either Remote Destination Profile or a CTI port to assign the DN with.

Response Signature

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

If I remove the route pattern that allows PSTN calls from the CSS 'DE_Redirecting', then the call fails. I have assigned a CTI device to the DN and that device has another CSS that contains a route pattern that allows calls to PSTN. Also on the DN, there is a CSS that allows calls to PSTN. So why does the call fail then when I remove the route pattern from the DE_Redirecting CSS?

I assume that you still have a call forward all set on the DN and as that uses the CSS that you have set there it must have visibility of the partition used for call routing.

image.png

The CSS set on the DN and the device has no relevance for call forward, those are used when you make a call from the device itself, that's not what happens for call forward.

Response Signature

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

So I have to put a route pattern in that CSS, but you say I can't put a route pattern in the same CSS as the transformation pattern...

The CSS used for call forwarding needs to see the partition that is used for call routing, but not the partition that is used for the transformation pattern. The partition used for the transformation pattern should be in another CSS that is then set as the Calling Party Transformation CSS for outbound calls on the trunk. See the below pictures to make this clearer hopefully.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

This CSS does and should not see any partition(s) that are used for call processing, just as no CSS used for call processing, for example call forward, directory numbers or direct calls, should see any partition(s) used for transformations. Hopefully that's clear enough.

Response Signature

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

Now it's clear. I thought that the calling party transformation pattern had to be in the CSS that is used for the forward.

Thanks for the info (and excuse my stupidity)

No worries. It was maybe not clearly enough explained in the first few responses you got. I’d appreciate if you would set my explanation as an answer to your question.

Response Signature