Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not delete user from Unity Connection GUI

a.smolarek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First of all I have to say that I'm not very experienced in UC or CUCMA. I have a problem with deleting user form web GUI in Unity Connection. I tried some resolution from below Cisco document but unsuccessful.

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/112030/delete-user-unity-connect-00.pdf

My UC version is 8.6 and CUCMA ver. 8.6. When I try to delete user from GUI I have error:  

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

In above Cisco document there is described that error related with Call Handler but CLI queries don't return any results.

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select objectid from tbl_callaction where targethandlerobjectid IN (select callhandlerobjectid from vw_subscriber where alias='UserAlias')

When I run:

cuc dbquery unitydirdb select * from vw_subscriberreference where objectid IN (select objectid from vw_subscriber where fn_tolower(alias) = fn_tolower('UserAlias'))

I had some results like:

objectid                              displayname  referencetype  referrerobjectid                      referrerobjecttype
------------------------------------  -----------  -------------  ------------------------------------  ------------------
d539ef9e-37dc-460c-bd72-999c437d8e15  UserAlias Recipient      ca573e92-f97a-4840-8a9b-a965199c6b81  3

What can I do to resolve this problem and be able to delete user form web GUI in UC?

Thank you for any help.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you performed step two of the document you referenced?

Error: Operation cannot be completed because the object is in use
The Cisco Unity Connection administrator receives one of these error messages when it tries to delete the user from Cisco Unity Connection:
• Operation cannot be completed because the object is in use Or
• Error: java.lang.NullPointerException Solution
The user was designated as the destination for a Call Handler "Call Input Action" and then the Call Handler is deleted. This causes the Call Action record representing the Call Input Action to become orphaned. The orphaned Call Action record references the user, which prevents the user from being deleted.
Perform these steps in order to find the orphan Call Action record(s) and remove them so the user can be removed:
From the Unity Connection CLI, run these queries:
1. For each user that cannot be deleted, issue this query from the CLI replacing the user's alias with "UserAlias": run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select objectid from tbl_callaction where targethandlerobjectid IN (select callhandlerobjectid from vw_subscriber where alias='UserAlias').
2. For each Call Action objectid returned by step 1, issue this query from the CLI replacing the objectid with the objectid of the Call Action returned: run cuc dbquery unitydirdb delete from tbl_callaction where objectid='267db053−fff2−488c−af1d−98b3c70e5ea5'.
3. Delete the user in the Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

Yes, I did it but first query from step two didn't return any results (no objectid for Call Action).

I had seen that I can not delete Call Handler objects (their are greyed). I did query:

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select * from vw_handlerreference where  objectid in (select objectid from tbl_handler where  fn_tolower(displayname) = lower('Goodbye'))

and I see references to users but I can delete any Call Handler.

Hi,  

This what the reply I am getting while I am trying with the replacement of user.

admin:run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select objectid from tbl_callaction where targethandlerobjectid IN (select callhandlerobjectid from vw_subscriber where alias=dehn)

Column (dehn) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined).
Command failed

Any alternate solution available?

Thanks in advance.

Sreekumar