Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Unity and CallManager coreside?

michaelmiu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pros,

For lab purposes, can Unity and CallManager be placed on the same server?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

There may be additional reasons for not installing CallManager and Unity on the same server, but here is the one I thought of - CallManager uses a subset of the Windows operating system. Specific services are disabled by the imaged OS, which is NOT compatible with that required by Unity. Even though this will be a lab environment, if at all possible, I would dedicate two servers. For the longest time, we were using a DL320 as our test CCM. I have a DL380G1 for one test Unity that has mirrored drives - pretty much because I don't want to rebuild Unity just for doing a hotfix test or upgrade test and it all goes south - just revert the mirrored drives and boot off the original. I was thinking both onbox would cause problems with the ports-TAPI integration, but I couldn't find anything to substantiate this thought.

Ginger

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

There may be additional reasons for not installing CallManager and Unity on the same server, but here is the one I thought of - CallManager uses a subset of the Windows operating system. Specific services are disabled by the imaged OS, which is NOT compatible with that required by Unity. Even though this will be a lab environment, if at all possible, I would dedicate two servers. For the longest time, we were using a DL320 as our test CCM. I have a DL380G1 for one test Unity that has mirrored drives - pretty much because I don't want to rebuild Unity just for doing a hotfix test or upgrade test and it all goes south - just revert the mirrored drives and boot off the original. I was thinking both onbox would cause problems with the ports-TAPI integration, but I couldn't find anything to substantiate this thought.

Ginger

If you can get a good processor speed and atleast 2 gigs of ram, you can run two sessions of vmware with cm on one and unity on other.

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus