cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant recover cucm 7.1 on mcs 7800

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

I have a cucm 7.1 on a mcs 7800 that have failed to boot because of an error message after checking files after power cut , I tried to recover it with the cd but the cd drive is also faulty cause it wont boot , I tried a usb cd drive but after I boot from it it gives out a message at the beginning about failing to find kickstart file then it asks me to choose where the media is , I tried to pick ftp and copying the content of the recovery cd in my ftp file directory but after initializing the installation it gives out this message (/cisco/bin/anaconda: line 16 :/mnt/source/cisco/base_scripts/ihardware.sh:no such file or directory

install exited abnormally )

please help.

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can download the latest recovery iso for cucm 7.1 from here, burn it on a disk and boot from it to fix any file system errors. If the issue is not fixed then you will need to rebuild the server with same ip, hostname, security password and restore a valid backup.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

the problem is the cd drive is faulty it isn't working

I don't think it will work with USB. Since cucm 7.x is already End of support you may need to contact some local Cisco Acc to see if a replacement drive is available with anyone as TAC will be unable to assist with this product.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish

I have MCS 7816-I4 with CUCM 7.1.3b and got the below file corruption issue. Pl find the attached photo. Tried to find and download CUCM system recovery 7.1.3b but couldn't find. Please help

IMG_2341.JPG

helpdeskadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have MCS 7816-I4 with CUCM 7.1.3b and got the below file corruption issue. Pl find the attached photo. Tried to find and download CUCM system recovery 7.1.3b but couldn't find. Please helpIMG_2341.JPG