Views
Helpful
Replies

CER 14 - Using email distribution list for onsite alerts

Bwilson13
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have 6 users configured in CER for onsite alerts and each of them are configured with their internal DNs and personal business email address. I tried using a email distribution list in place of their business email and alert notifications stopped working. Once I reverted back to their personal email address, email notifications started working again. I then attempted only leaving one user configured with the email distribution list address since all 6 users are a member of that DL but again notifications stopped working.

My question is can you only have a single user configured with a DL within CER? And is there any character limit for an email alias used within CER?

Thanks,

Bruce

3 Replies 3

Not an expert on CER, but I think that the definition of a user to an ERL on-site alert is personal, so use of a DL in your email system would not be a valid configuration.

Response Signature

Interesting, okay. I'd think that CER wouldn't be able to differentiate whether the email address is a DL versus a personal email alias.

I'll open a ticket with TAC just to confirm.

Thanks,

Bruce

@Bwilson13
In CER, go to System > Cisco ER Group Settings, and set your "Source Mail ID" to an email address that you know exists on your company's mail server as a valid account, and test again.

If that works, I suggest you create an email account such as e911@yourdomain.com and use that for the source mail ID in your CER.  

If that does not work, then revert change you made in the above steps and try the following. 

Go to the "delivery management" setting of your DL on the mail server and check the "Senders inside and outside of my organization" radio button then save and test again. 

If it all fails, you can follow the steps in the link below to see if the CER is sending the notification out when you set the user email address to a DL. 

Configure and Troubleshoot CER Onsite Alert Email - Cisco