cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER 8.0 integration with RedSky

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

I have a customer that is wanting to integrate there production CER 8.0 with a new RedSky solution.  The RedSky solution is designed to allow us a translation number out the PSTN as a long distance call.  The problem that I am encountering is, at what point in the call legs through CER do I remap the 911 outbound call to the RedSky number, and retain the ERL zone DID / Caller ID.  I have remapped it within the 9911 route pattern, translating to the LD number, but, when it dials out, it rings two times, followed by Call Cannot be competed as dialed.  I am preparing to take CCM traces, but I wanted to check with the group to see if anyone has done an integration of this type and can give me some guidance on correctly configuring a parallel call path, keeping in mind that CER ONLY supports ONE CTI Route Point being registered.  Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

2 Replies 2

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

I have figured out a method!  I went in to the CER zone and changed the ELIN mapping Route Pattern to match the PSTN number for the RedSky.  That way it completely incorporates the CER and, when the ELIN mapping is triggered it hands back the correct dial path, instead of 911. in this instance, the RedSKy data center contact number.  This way I can go back into CER and re-map, zone-by-zone, and do gradual testing and conversion by ERL zone, isstead of building parallel call paths within CallManager.  I have converted this and will re-test tomorrow and update all with the results.

rhugo, we're struggling with a problem like yours. there's an existing CER with Red Ski. We're kind of going at this one blind (no transition from the previous network manager). Can you point me in the direction of a config guide? Thanks in advance.