Views
Helpful
Replies

Change MAC Address Cisco IP Phone - 7821

carlos.perez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

I have a doubt, as I can change a MAC of a Cisco Telephone, normally the MAC field is modifiable, but I see that I cannot modify this field, this telephone is synchronized with a UCCX, the mac adres field is static and I cannot modify it.

change mac.png

Has someone similar happened to you? I say this because the physical phone has problems and I need to change the mac of this equipment to add the new equipment.

Try to make a copy but the mac is still tied. I can't change it

I will appreciate your support.

regards

Carlos P.

3 Replies 3

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please check on CUCM phone configuration page whether Settings Access field is enabled or disabled.  If disabled, enable it and re-try changing the mac address.

iftikhar.haidar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear I have the Same Problem like the above mention but i could not find any Access Field in Phone configuration setting.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I realize this is an old thread, but is the phone enabled for extension mobility?  If so, have you made sure that the user is logged out?  I think this will happen if you have a user logged into the phone using a UDP. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: