cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Outgoing Number

Jason Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

I know this question has been asked a but of different ways but there always seems to be a slight different from what I need.

I have 2 Security System devices that run into some ATAs. The ATA are registered to my CUCM 9. Heres what I want.

I have a main line number of 945XXXX that all phones are seen as externally. I want to change that for these ATAs. Instead of being seen as the main line I want to see them at 955XXXX.

I have the Route List Use Calling Partys External Phone Number Mask to On. I then set the External Phone Number Mask on the DN on the ATA to 955XXXX. In the Calling Party Transform Mask ffield under the Route List I have my main line of 945XXXX.

However, the ATA is still seen as the main number when dialing out 945XXXX.

What am I missing?

Thank you

Jason

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

You could do a DNA and see where its been overwritten. Also, does the route pattern have Use Calling Partys External phone number mask to On?

Please rate useful posts.

Ill do the analysis and see what I find.

The route pattern does not have it on. I was under the impression the route list would take precedence though I could be very mistaken.

You're correct that downstream options do override it. For reference, here are the places it could be influenced:

1. Route Pattern
  2. Route Group Appearance
  3. Gateway/Trunk Transformation Patterns
  4. IOS voice translation-profile
  5. Provider ignoring what you set and forcing the ANI

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Im tempted to think its something at the provider based on this fact:

When I removed the 945XXXX number from the Calling Party Trasnform Mask Field, its turned into a number that we arent currently using.

Thoughts on that?

This could potentially be provider overriding. if you have a PRI and a Cisco Gateway, you could do a debug isdn q931, test the call and see what you are sending and if its different from what you receive, it will be provider based. If its a sip trunk and Cisco gateway, debug ccsip messages should help you.

It is a PRI and Cisco Gateway. Ill see what I can dig up on that end.

It might be in Group Appearance on the CUCM. I dont think the Gateway would be the issue but I posted the relavant Gateway (2951) config here just to see if maybe I missed something.

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^7800/ /1601/

rule 15 /^..../ /1601/

!

!

voice translation-profile PRI-Incoming

translate called 1

!

!

!

!