cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco BE6000 redundancy configuration

Syeed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, I have 2 Cisco BE6000 Servers. I want to have them in cluster for redundancy purpose. can some please share the steps or process for doing the configuration.

Server 1 which is currently active & has capacity of 1.35TB. running with around 5VMs

Server 2 which is not active has a capacity of 2.6TB.

Now to configure in fail over cluster mode do I need additional storage (SAN) ? Is it possible to have HA configuration without additional storage? If yes please share the documentation or steps.

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

There is no HA config to do on HW-server level.
HA is done via the applications -> CUCM itself provides the redundancy / HA.
You just need to split up the VMs to mulitple hosts.
E.g. CUCM-01 on Host-01 and CUCM-02 on Host-02.

Thanks for the details. Is there any documentation or steps available for configuring the same?

Sure, there are.
There are CUCM deployment guides, administration guides, system config guides, ...
All publicly available in the internet.

You mentioned that you have 5 VMs on Server 1. Could you clarify what these 5 VMs are? Do they include a publisher and subscriber? If so, the applications are redundant.

What applications are running on the second server? Is this a brand new server with no VMs deployed?

Lastly, BE6000 is not an application, but a solution designed on the UCS220 server, which can support a deployment of 1000 users. Applications such as CUCM, Unity, IMP, and UCCX will be running on this server (the applications depend on the deployment).

However, it’s still unclear what exactly you are aiming to achieve.

Response Signature

Yes they include publisher and subscriber on Server 1. Second server does not have any VMs running on it. I need redundancy between the 2 servers so if one fails the other picks up.