cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ClickToCall Add-in makes Outlook 2010 to crash

Roland Theisen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have the Cisco CUCILync (version 8.5.3) plugin installed on my Windows7 (Enterprise edition with SP1) laptop with Microsoft Outlook 2010 (32bit version). I am using the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2. Often I have the problem that Outlook crashes. When I reopen my Outlook, it asks me to disable the "Cisco.Clicktocall.Outlook" Add-in. In the event viewer i have the following 2 errors: Source:        Outlook Event ID:      1000 Level:        Error Keywords:      Classic Description: Add-in execution error. Outlook crashed during the 'GetCallButtonLabel' callback of the 'IRibbonControl' interface while calling into the 'Cisco.ClickToCall.Outlook' add-in. Source:        Microsoft Office 14 Event ID:      2001 Level:        Error Description: Microsoft Outlook: Rejected Safe Mode action : Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'cisco.clicktocall.outlook' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?. In order to reproduce this error/bug do the following steps: 1.Open Outlook 2010 2.Go to File Tab, 3.Go to Options, 4.Go to “Quick Access Toolbar”, 5.Select “All Commands” in the drop-down where you see “Popular Command” 6.And Outlook crash… :-( Does anybody has an idea of how to solve this issue? In the near futur we intend to deploy the Cisco Cucilync plugin but with such a bug I am not sure that this is the best solution. Best regards, Marc Hoffmann

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brianqu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I suggest contacting TAC and upgrading to the latest CUCILync ES. A similar issue is resolved in the latest.

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

brianqu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I suggest contacting TAC and upgrading to the latest CUCILync ES. A similar issue is resolved in the latest.

Brian

Hi,

Yes, I've got a ES version of the Cucilync plugin an it solves the problem with the Outlook:-) I am waiting now for the official release of the new version of Cucilync. I hope it takes not too much time;-)

Best regards,

Marc

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App