Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8865 not displaying receiving video stream

andreas33693
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a stand alone CUCM 12.5 deployed in my lab connected to the SBC (ISR-4431 CUBE) and on the same SBC i have deployed a Polycom VTC Call manager.I have different dial-plans for each of them and they are both able to route calls through SIP dial-peers.

I have reduced the mtu size on CUCM at 1200 and on the Polycom Call Manager at 1260(That's as low as it goes) and specified the codecs to use for each dial-peer(g.729r8 for audio and H264 for video).

I have limited the rtp port-range on CUBE,CUCM and Polycom CM to the Cisco default(16384 - 32766).

On the Polycom side i have to endpoints Realpresence Desktop and Group series 500 and on the CUCM side i have a CP-8865 and a Webex DX-80.

The issue i have is that when i call from the Poly side the call is setup properly,but when i call from CUCM side the call is setup properly,both audio and video codecs are negotiated correctly but the video on the 8865 is a black screen.

When i see the call statistics for the Video Stream on Rcv Packets is 0.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'd look at whether a CUCM MTP is invoked, as that will always break video. I'd also look at regions, although that is unlikely since the call is working inbound.

When you say the audio and video codecs are negotiated correctly, are you viewing that on the phone? The CUBE? Or in the trace files themselves.

Since this is a lab, would you be willing to post the trace file for the call setup? Both directions would be helpful so we can see 'working' versus 'non-working'. If you do decide to post the trace files, please create a text file and attach it to your post. It makes analysis much easier. 

Maren

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I'd look at whether a CUCM MTP is invoked, as that will always break video. I'd also look at regions, although that is unlikely since the call is working inbound.

When you say the audio and video codecs are negotiated correctly, are you viewing that on the phone? The CUBE? Or in the trace files themselves.

Since this is a lab, would you be willing to post the trace file for the call setup? Both directions would be helpful so we can see 'working' versus 'non-working'. If you do decide to post the trace files, please create a text file and attach it to your post. It makes analysis much easier. 

Maren

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

in addition to the information @Maren Mahoney stated, a full log of the SIP call setup would be useful in both directions.

andreas33693
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thank you very much for the reply's.

I have managed to resolve this issue on my own and it seems that on the SIP profile that i had on the trunk connecting CUCM and CUBE i had early offer support for voice and video calls on Best Effort (No MTP inserted).

I disabled it and the calls are going through properly.

I am not sure why the Best Effort was messing up the whole call process.Any insight on this?

Kind Regards