cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM/CUC 11.5 Cisco 7811 phones DTMF not working

shivani.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco CUCM and CUC setup for voicemail and I have configured all the settings for the phones to be able to get a voicemail when a call is not answered. Callers are able to leave a message and MWI is working. But when the end user is pressing the VM button to access VMs, it takes it to the voicemail recording and asking to enter the PIN. When the user enters the PIN, it is not being recognized by the CUC. It keeps asking for the PIN again. Seems like the digits entered for the PIN are not reaching CUC, so seems to be a DTMF issue.

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this? I did not see any RFC setting on the Cisco 7811 phones that are having this issue.  

11 Replies 11

Are you using SCCP ports or a SIP trunk for Unity? Do you have other phone models that are working correctly? Was it working before and then stopped working?

shivani.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

It is a SIP trunk between CUCM and unity and I tested with Cisco 7841 phone which works. Trying it first time with Cisco 7811 phone.

Do your 7841's have the checkbox for "Require DTMF Reception" selected? Have you tried setting that for the 7811's (assuming it exists there)? Also, does DTMF work if you place an outside/PSTN call from a 7811?

shivani.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 7841 and Cisco 7811 both do not have the "Require DTMF Reception" box selected.

I will try it setting on Cisco 7811, but reading about it, it says its for mid call features.

shivani.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Enabling "Require DTMF Reception" on Cisco 7811 phones did not make a difference. And I confirmed that the phone does not have issues with DTMF when entering PINs on conference calls.

Try forcing an MTP on either the phone or the Unity SIP trunk. I'd start with a single phone since that would have a much smaller footprint. That makes me think it has something to do with DTMF relay settings in Unity, but I haven't had to change anything there in a long time.

Unity-port-group-adv.PNG

The above is what the port group advanced settings look like in a customer Unity Connection that has no known DTMF issues.

shivani.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I was wrong in saying its a SIP trunk. Its SCCP integration between CUCM and CUC. Also, I dont have the DTMF options like you have in your screen. Attached is my screen.

I would say try forcing MTP on a 7811 and see if that helps. If not, I will have to defer to TAC.

shivani.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

How do I force MTP on the phone?

phone-force-mtp.PNG

It is on the phone page here.