Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM MGCP Calling number displayed wrong in external calls

amalmichaelvj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

Am facing a issue in Calling number displaying in external Call on Called party mobile phone.

We have a reception with internal extension 599.

Our PRI number are in range 026XX0500- 026XX0599.

So while a call is initiated from 599 it should list 026XX0599 in Called party mobile phone. But in my Case its Showing 026XX0500. How can we resolve this.

Also in our website number published for reception is 026XX0555 so i need translate calls form 599 to 026XX0555.

Based on logs Collected from Voice gateway for Call from 599 to a mobile number.

it appears that the calling number is sending to the service provider in the format 0599, as shown below:

014016: *Jan  3 2024 15:10:10.324 UAE: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0028

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9838A

Exclusive, Channel 10

Display i = 'QProperties Reception'

Calling Party Number i = 0x4181, '0599'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '0505715XX9'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

I need to list 026XX0555 in called party mobile device. Anyone faced this before?

2 Replies 2

Very likely your sending the called number in the wrong format or type to the service provider and because of this they are masking the called number behind the number that is defined as the default number for the circuit. My recommendation would be to look at how the service provider sends you called and calling number information for an inbound call and replicate the same for when you send calls outbound to the service provider. For your second part of the question, translating 555 to 559, that’s easy, you’ll do that with a translation pattern that is visible in the inbound CSS that your gateway is using. That said if you have listed 555 as your reception number on your website why not use that number on the receptionist phone? That way you would not need to do any manipulation of numbers.

Response Signature

Do you have an external phone mask set on this DN? You can also use translation patterns or transformation patterns, but an external phone mask might be the easiest solution.