Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PCD support VXLAN

Sam V. Xavier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have successfully installed PCD on our VM and managed to discover cluster but when trying to add ESXi it gives an error stating unable to mount NFS datastore. We have tried all possible ways to get this fixed but in vain. Finally VM engineer suggested to move the VM to use VLAN instead of VXLAN which fixed the issue immediately. Thus, I need confirmation if PCD supports VXLAN or is it only supporting VLAN? I havent found this documented in any PCD documentation. 

PCD version 11.5.3

Old CUCM version 9.1.2.14900-14

Target CUCM version 11.5

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sam 

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know the answer to your direct question, but I usually see this error when insufficient license is applied on ESXi, i.e. Hypervisor or Foundation license, etc. which do not allow mounting of storage.  You can then temporarily remove the license and go into evaluation license mode, discover clusters and re-apply the license.

We have enterprise Plus edition of ESXi thus this is supported. This issue is definitely related to VXLAN as confirmed with TAC. They are now waiting for BU to get back to confirm if VXLAN is supported.

Sagar Wani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sam,

PCD is not supported over VXLAN's. Here is the defect created to track this issue: CSCve83809.

This defect is freshly created and link should go public in a few hours.

Regards

Sagar Wani