cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCM 9.X License Compliance Issue Question

dclaxton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello .. I have a customer who is running 9.x today but plans to upgrade in 60 days to current version. They will be in a non compliant situation license wise in about 10 days. They have 10.x   / 11.x licenses but can't add those until the upgrade. I can delete some phones and get compliant but have a question.If the go non compliant understand you cam make any changes to any phones. You are locked out to anything that requires a license. My question is if I nee to make changes to other things like call flows, holiday scheudles, etc are you allowed to do that ? Guess looking for an understanding of what you can't and can do in a non compliant state. Your thoughts are appreciated. 

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Once your licenses are exceeded you go into 60 day remediation period where you still have full add/move functionality, only after those 60 days expire you won't be able to make any changes.

Thanks .... Any changes related to phones or any changes to anything that's part of the system ?

Are you asking in relation to licensing or over upgrade?

Since you are on version 9 you will need to convert ELM to PLM, also make sure you replace any phone models listed here for version 11.5:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/fieldNotice/cucm_b_fn-deprecated-phone-models-1151.html

if you plan on going to version 12, more phones are deprecated.

Latest version 12.5 posted just few days ago does not deprecate any models.

As always with upgrades make sure you follow the upgrade guide and release notes.

Thanks again ... sorry for confusion ... question was about if in a non complainant state license wise before the upgrade am I locked out of only making changes / editing / adding phones only ? Or during this time can we address any issues / items like configuration things on the gateways , UCM servers , etc. ? Or are we also locked out of that ... thanks again.

As I stated only after the 60 days are expired you will not be able to make any changes, I have never done an upgrade while the 60 days expired, so cannot say for sure, but I would not plan on doing it.