Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCM and CCX required certificates

adnanhassan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 

I am about to upgrade our Cisco Call Manager and UCCX from version 9.0 to 11.5. 

Can someone please guide me which certificates I will need and what information I need to provide our CA authority to generate certificate for me?

As far as I am aware only tomcat certificate is required, but please correct me if I am wrong or missing anything?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you changing hostnames of your servers or doing in place upgrade? If you are doing in place upgrade then the certs will not re-generate and will remain as they are.

If you do require new certs then on CCX you only need Tomcat which will be used by web access and Finesse agent login.

On CUCM most common cert required is Tomcat, but depending on your deployment you may need other signed certs i.e. Callmanager cert if you are doing trusted connection to voice gateways, etc. You can check which certs are self-signed vs. CA signed today by logging into the OS admin page and reviewing the certs under security section.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you changing hostnames of your servers or doing in place upgrade? If you are doing in place upgrade then the certs will not re-generate and will remain as they are.

If you do require new certs then on CCX you only need Tomcat which will be used by web access and Finesse agent login.

On CUCM most common cert required is Tomcat, but depending on your deployment you may need other signed certs i.e. Callmanager cert if you are doing trusted connection to voice gateways, etc. You can check which certs are self-signed vs. CA signed today by logging into the OS admin page and reviewing the certs under security section.

I have recently taken charge of our voip environment. I notice in CCX cert monitor we have over 96 certificates in the list. This weekend i replaced the CCX tomact and tomcat-trust cert using an internal CA no issues in doing this finesse works fine the call center is open today and no one has reported any issues and the old certs deleted or were removed since i use Multi San. I know that there is a ipsec and ipsec-trust cert but I am confused as to what the other 90+ certs are? All show to be tomcat-trust certs issued by many different external authorities like eqifax and verisign etc.... I am wondering if our previous vendor just uploaded everything he had is in arsenal at the moment of deployment. So my question what is actually needed in CCX for it to work. I assume the four i mentioned but want to make sure before i start deleting. What does a normal environment have in number of certs? CM is also the same has about 56+ certs installed.

thanks,