cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCM Call Pickup

gornelas
Level 1
Level 1

We recently migrated our old phone system to Cisco IP Telephony and just getting used to UCM.  Don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but here is my question to ask.  I have two users that are in a call pickup group.  (Secretary and Director)  The secretary wants to be able to pickup the Directors line if she's not available, but the Director does not want to receive any calls from the Secretary.  The director has no means of answering the main line for any reason and kind of have a conflict with doing this thru call pickup.  How can I accomplish this?  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The easiest way to give the secretary the ability to answer the director's calls is to add the director's DN to the secretary's phone.  This will allow incoming calls to the director's phone  to ring at the secretary's phone simultaneously.  Secretary can answer the director's calls and see if the director is on the phone or not.

I hope I understood your question correctly.

"The secretary wants to be able to pickup the Directors line if she's not available, but the Director does not want to receive any calls from the Secretary."

HTH,

If this helps, please rate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The easiest way to give the secretary the ability to answer the director's calls is to add the director's DN to the secretary's phone.  This will allow incoming calls to the director's phone  to ring at the secretary's phone simultaneously.  Secretary can answer the director's calls and see if the director is on the phone or not.

I hope I understood your question correctly.

"The secretary wants to be able to pickup the Directors line if she's not available, but the Director does not want to receive any calls from the Secretary."

HTH,

If this helps, please rate.

gornelas
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it did.  Thank you very much for the help.

Hi Gornelas

The easiest way to solve your problems is to deploy IPMA in your environment.

This will enable secretaries to get their managers calls and easily transfer them to the people the calls are intended for.

Alternatively, you may add BLF Speed Dials onto your secretaries phones, this will enable them to see when their managers phones ring and pick them up, remember to enable "Pick up option" on your BLF's.

I hope this answers your troubles.