Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM Admin password change

jason.lozzi
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for such a newbie question --

I have been asked to change the passwords on all the admin accounts in the CUCM. This being the first time that this has been done here and the first time I have worked with a Cisco phone system I wanted to ask the group if there is anything I should be aware of prior to changing the passwords?

Thanks for any advice,

4 Replies 4

Scott Pedersen
Level 1
Level 1

Only advice I can think of giving in this scenario is to be aware if the accounts are Local or LDAP synced then configure accordingly.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on what other products you have in your deployment, what integration/features you have configured, and if you're using the admin accounts for those. So, there is no way to tell you where you might need to update your credentials after you change them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That's what I thought, that there is no way to know where these credentials have been used through out the system.

As for what is in the org, we are using:

Cisco Unified Communications
Cisco Unified Presence
Cisco Call Manager
Cisco Unified Contact Center Express

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Identify any 3rd party or Cisco application integration which may potentially use the credential for integration (not good practice but very common), check out AXL integrations on apps such as CCX, CER, Unity, etc.  CTI integrations on these as well as UCCE PG. Any other integrations using AXL, CTI, etc.