Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity 7.0

shaikh ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

i am going to install cisco unity  7.0  .can any one share with me exact installation guide plus any additional tips.

Regards,

Shib

6 Replies 6

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a reason you are installing Unity vs. Unity Connection? Unity is a dead product and version 7 is few years old.

HTH,

Chris

Actually the reason is that we have two  Cisco unity server(installed) and need to make failover  b/w them but

the problem is that the pubshiler and subscriber database are in different partitions .so i need to unistall subscriber and re-install in same partition in order to run failover wizard.

So, do you have 2 separate Unity Servers now? But you require failover config?

Not sure why you reference partitions here, as I don't think Unity would care which partition the app is installed in.

Also, there is not concept of Pub/Sub in Unity, there is Primary and failover server.

I suggest you go through the extensive install guide and pay attention to the failover server install.

HTH,

Chris

Yes we have two separate unity server but the second is not live just installed . Actually i was running failover wizard  in primary at time there is a notification that partitions should be same of  both server ...

What you are seeing lines up with the requirements specified for Unity failover configurations.  For your installation with 7.x, you should follow the 5.x documentation as the products are essentially the same.  You will want to select the applicable installation guide for your setup here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Hailey