Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 8.6 Failover has occurred, both servers online

Jammin9783
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I logged into the voicemail system and see an error message saying:

The Cisco Unity Connection cluster subscriber server has changed to Primary Status (failover has occurred).

I'm not sure why this has happened, when checking the cluster status

Server Manager
Server NameServer StatusChange Server StatusPending ChangeLast Change Request
m-usrkv-vm01-cuc                                                                           (Publisher) Secondary
SysAgent.Admin.BulkTask
m-usrkv-vm02-cuc Primary
Srm.MakePrimary

Port Manager
Server NameTotal PortsPorts In ServiceChange Port Status
m-usrkv-vm01-cuc                                                                           (Publisher) 125 125
m-usrkv-vm02-cuc 125 125

Both of these servers can ping each other.  Right now voicemail is running fine on the failover node.  I clicked on the BulkTask link but I get cannot read task information.

Any ideas on how to failback to the publisher?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AskQ2Forum_2
Level 1
Level 1

Log on to Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability.

Step 2 On the Tools menu, click Cluster Management.

Step 3 On the Cluster Management page, under Server Manager, in the Change Server Status column for the server with Secondary status, click Make Primary.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/cluster_administration/guide/7xcuccag010.html

Jag

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

AskQ2Forum_2
Level 1
Level 1

Log on to Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability.

Step 2 On the Tools menu, click Cluster Management.

Step 3 On the Cluster Management page, under Server Manager, in the Change Server Status column for the server with Secondary status, click Make Primary.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/cluster_administration/guide/7xcuccag010.html

Jag