Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection MWI not turn Off in Office 365 deployment

Yaniv Malachi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have a customer with a Cisco CUCM +CUC release 11.5.1

the Unity is integrate with office 365 .

my problem is when the user is receive a voice message to his email

and the user is hear the voice message , the MWI is not turn off ,

if the user i hear the message via Cisco Phone or Jabber Client the MWI is turn off fine ,

the problem only occurs if we hear the voice message via email client of the user.

so we check the Server and the configuration is fine , check the F/W and didnt see any

block ,

any idea what can be the cause of that error ?

Regards

Yaniv

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Did the message get marked read in the user’s Exchange mailbox when they listened to it from the TUI or Jabber?

Also, just to check the basics: you’re talking about a Single Inbox integration here - not an SMTP Notification or an Accept & Relay Message Action, correct?

Hi Jonathan

i have check what u suggest and if i hear the voice

message via TUI or Jabber  the MWI turn on but at the email of the user the message keep seen as "unread " message 

and its a u mention Single Inbox integration

Regards

Yaniv

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also if its a delay issue try resetting the account

Single Inbox Synchronization from Office 365 is Delayed

If Unity Connection synchronization to Office 365 is working (for example, voice messages are synchronized to users’ Exchange mailboxes) but synchronization from Office 365 is delayed (for example, the message waiting indicator is not turned off immediately after the last Unity Connection voice message is heard in ViewMail for Outlook), do the following tasks.

1. In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, display the unified messaging account for one of the affected users, and selectReset.

2. If synchronization from Exchange to Unity Connection starts working for the affected user, in Unity Connection Administration, display the unified messaging service associated with the affected user (Unified Messaging > Unified Messaging Services) and select Reset.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/troubleshooting/guide/b_11xcuctsg/b_11xcuctsg_chapter_01011.html#ID-2434-00000160

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***