Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity failover issue after changing ip address

lalit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need a help on Cisco Unity Server.

Recently i have installed Cisco Unity 8.x on Primary and Secondary Server.After the installation i have configured the failover between primary and secondary which was working without any issues. Today i have change the ip address on the seconadry server which is a diffrent subnet.After changing the ip address on secondary the failover monitor window on primary server still shows old ip and on the secondary server the failover monitor shows remote status as blank.

I have checked dns resolution on the primary and secondary shows fine.It is resolving the correct hostname with the correct ip. The problem is on failover monitor of primary server shows the old ip of secondary server.

Please help me resolving the issue.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried restarting the failover services or rebooting the servers?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I wanted to check to be sure you followed this process for changing the IP address of a secondary server.

It's a little more than just changing the IP address of the server.

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcurug090.html#wp1124930

It also has the following section that should be followed:

'To Set the Registry of the Primary Cisco Unity 8.x  Server by Reconfiguring Failover'

But the whole guide should be done.

Please check through that.

Thanks,

Scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried restarting the failover services or rebooting the servers?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for the reply.I tried rebooting the server and the failover service but didnt help.Finally i have reconfigured the failover config wizard on the primary server which resolved the issue.Now the on the primary server, failover monitor window is showing the correct ip of the secondary server in the partner server information diaglog box.

Thanks once again for your reply.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I wanted to check to be sure you followed this process for changing the IP address of a secondary server.

It's a little more than just changing the IP address of the server.

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcurug090.html#wp1124930

It also has the following section that should be followed:

'To Set the Registry of the Primary Cisco Unity 8.x  Server by Reconfiguring Failover'

But the whole guide should be done.

Please check through that.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

I have reconfigured the failover config wizard on the primary server which resolved the issue.Now the on the primary server, failover monitor window is showing the correct ip of the secondary server in the partner server information diaglog box.

Thanks once again for your reply.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: