cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

After going through the installation process without any problems I have hit a stopping point. When I attempt to use the message store config wizard, I select the proper accounts to install with and then change to the Unity Admin acct that I created, I select the mailbox location and the proper Exchange Server (exchange 2003), I click next and I get an error stating "failed moving the mailbox Unity_XXX (XXX is name of server with unity installation running on)from mailbox store '""' to mailbox store "First Storage Group, Mailbox Store (exch2003)'"'. Move the Mailbox and then run this wizard again". I cannot find the mailbox they are requesting to be moved or I am missing something all together. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This seems to be one of the last steps and I would hate to have to start over again. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

jblalock1337
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found a fix to this issue? I have run into the same exact problem.

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Unity_ is created when Unity is first installed. First step is to confirm it's existence in AD Users and Computers. If it does exists, then look at Exchange General tab to see if has a path for the Mailbox Store. If yes, then confirm the mailbox via Exchange System Manager - the mailbox will appear as Unity Messaging System - .

If all of the above is correct, right-click on Unity_ in AD Users and Computers and select Exchange Tasks. You can then move the mailbox.

If parts of the above is broken, then you would have to fix the account.

see Cisco Unity 3.1(x) and 4.x: AvCsMgr Service Fails to Start

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800949dc.shtml#intro

This post by hinho also resolved our problem where the Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard crashed with Dr. Watson at the same point described above - but never gave us any indication that it couldn't move the Unity_ account. Manually moving this account allowed the wizard to succeed.

This solved my issue too. Thanks Hinho!! I was trying to reconfigure my partner server from Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server and the wizard would crash with no explanation. Moving the mailbox to the 2003 server fixed it.

hinho, you are THE MAN! Haven't chatted with you for awhile, but just wanted to tell you how much we appreciate you bailing us out of these late night jams! This one was particularly sweet! Thanks again