Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and phone background images

Brent Rockburn
Level 2
Level 2

Hey everyone.

So, I'm trying to change the background image on the phones I have connected to my CME.

I've made the "IMAGE1.png" and TN-IMAGE1.png I've also changed the List.xml file to relflect the location

I'm wondering if I should change this file to reflect flash:Desktops/320x212x12 and not TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-CampusNight.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/CampusNight.png"/>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-CiscoFountain.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/CiscoFountain.png"/>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-Fountain.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Fountain.png"/>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-MorroRock.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/MorroRock.png"/>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-NantucketFlowers.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/NantucketFlowers.png"/>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-IMAGE1.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/IMAGE.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you looked in to this link. It has to TFTP:Desktops/ and not flash:Desktops

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_tech_note09186a008062495a.shtml

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi

The way this works is like so :

- You press the backgrounds menu option on the phone, so the phone TFTPs the 'ring.xml' file from the server

* To test this step, run debug tftp events on the router. You should see the phone request the file, and the file being served. If you see an error, check you have the file in the right location and enabled for tftp. You may also see an error on the phone screeen (selections unavailable or something). If you have any case mismatches, bad xml tags, bad filenames etc, it will probably fail. It's very SeNsItIvE.

- Next, the phone parses the file, and then loads the thumbnails.

* If you don't see anything else in your debug tftp output being requested after the 'ring.xml' file, you know the ring.xml file is bad or inaccesible.

- You select an image and 'preview' and the phone downloads the main image you selected

* again, watch the tftp debug

So you do need 'TFTP' in there, not 'Flash:', because it's the phone that parses this XML, not the router.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!