cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS software upgrade from 2.9 to 3.5

ElisaYue
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to upgrade CMS software from 2.9 to 3.5. We have below questions.

1. Any license we need? (We have 25 SMP and 100 PMP)

2. Can traditional license support the latest software?

2. Any settings we need to reconfigure?

3. Any original feature will be missed?

Thank you for your information.

7 Replies 7

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5
I have only upgraded to 3.4 but not to 3.5. The existing license will still
remain.Traditional license is not supported on version 3.4 but active
traditional license remains valid until it expires
webbridge 2 is no more supported in version 3.x.
CMM 3.4 is a must requirement for version cms version 3.4.
other features remain the same but you might require to generate new
certificate chain for version 3.4, recreate the callbranding files and
webbranding files .
please do a back up first before attempting to upgrade

b.winter
VIP
VIP

First of all, read the documentation! The forum is not there, to search the internet for you the information, that is publicly available to everyone.

Check the release notes, upgrade, configuration guides, ... (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM)

1. Any license we need? (We have 25 SMP and 100 PMP) --> If you don't need more, you only need to convert them to Smart licensing. As yesterday mentioned in a Cisco CMS 3.5 deep dive, only Smart Licensing is supported. Connection from CMS to CMM is mandatory

2. Can traditional license support the latest software? --> See question 1

2. Any settings we need to reconfigure? --> Check the doc. There was a huge architecture change from 2.x to 3.x (no more XMPP, different Web bridge approach, ...)

3. Any original feature will be missed? --> Check the supported features / services in the release notes.

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

@b.winter ,i sent you a private message on email scheduler issue

The email scheduler is not sending mails via office 365 but it works with gmail.The status of the cms email scheduler is up  Is there any setting in office 365 that needs to be done?(permission wise)

can you please respond to it?

Meddane
VIP
VIP

@ElisaYue  1-Licensing are managed by CMM. You need smart licensing for 3.5. May be you to convert your lincensing only

2-from CMS 3.0, webbridge2 is no longer supported and XMPP is removed. Instead Webbridge3 is added to replace both with c2w connection btw Webbridge3 and callbridge.

3-huge changes about certificates. You should take care since the certificates chain are mandatory for webbridge3 and trust CA Bundle to provide robust authentication with the concept of certificate pinning.

4-you win new fearures such as blast dial  feature added since 3.2.

5-scheduler service for personal space is added from 3.3 as beta. 

6-I wrote more than 30 interesting articles about CMS 3.X including certificates preparation and implementation for all services, scheduler , blast dial and so on...

https://ipdemystify.com/category/collaboration/ 

@Medane.Your article on certificate helped me a lot.The article on the
email scheduler shows gmail as the smtp server and not office365.I tested
with gmail and it worked.I am having issues with office365.can you guide me?

@collinks2 I can't help you on that. I'm not a MS technician and also haven't connected my scheduler to MS. So, I have no experience on MS.

My idea would be, to ask your question in a MS forum.

ok.thanks a lot
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: