cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Import into Cxn v9.1 SMTP Address import issue

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

I am currently trying to use COBRAS to import data from my Unity 7.1 servers to Cxn v9.1.  the import is working overall, but I cannot seem to get the SMTP field on the user basics page to import with the correct corproate email address.  it keeps wanting to use the alias @ domain format.  The domain is correct, but I need the format to be the corporate email format (that is imported correctly, ie. first.last@domain).

I should also note that these users are to be UM users.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe its MailName.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

If I recall that is expected and ok. As long as you have "

Problem is that I need the SMTP address to match the corporate email address, this way when voicemail messages are received in a users outlook inbox the "from" address is the users real email address so the receiving user can reply to VM's from outlook without having to modify anything.  the proxy address can be anything else in my case as it is only used for IMAP clients which we do not support.  I have tested the configuration that I have outlined above and everything works (VM, webinbox, and phone TUI) I just need the SMTP address to be able to be imported, or the ability to change it via Bulk Edit (which I cannot get to work either.

yeah, that is a known and number 1 issue when migrating from Unity to Unity Connection. You will have to use VMO to get around it or make some changes in Exchange by adding an alias for the user or creating routing rules.

Some would argue that changing the SMTP domain for UC will fix this issue but its not recommended:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16892

I have already changed the SMTP Domain for UC and have been pleased with the results.  Is there a way to bulk edit the SMTP address field for all users?

Are you referring to SMTP proxy address? If so, yes, you should be able to do it using Bulk Administration tool by first exporting, massage the SMTP proxy address and then re-import and select the update method.

Nope, the SMTP address on the user basics page is the one I need to change

If you change the domain for CUC, the domain part gets updated automatically in the SMTP address field. For the alias to be changed, you will have to use BAT, similar process as above.

Edit, by alias i means changing from alias to firstname.lastname.

thanks....SMTP domain has bene changed, any idea what the actual field is for BAT to change the SMTP address?  I have tried multiple and cannot get it to work....

I believe its MailName.

It was mailName for the SMTP field and EmailAddress for the corproate email.  Everythings working great now!  Thanks