Views
Helpful
Replies

Collabration license model

kaso_baxtiar
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have call manager version 9 running in my enterprise and I am planning to upgrade it to latest through some steps i know its not one step attempt to version 14.

I was wondering what license model dose cucm 9 use ? smart ? since there is enhanced and essential installed?

and also what licensing model does cucm 14 use ? only flex ? or there is a smart license as well?

Does cucm 14 support only a subscription base License when you have to pay yearly or is there any perpetual license there ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Version 9 uses perpetual license that are stored in PLM, which can be either co-resident or standalone to the CM. It could be that it’s called ELM in that version, I really don’t remember as it’s literally years ago since I last touched one of these. The license model at that time I believe was user based, but it could have been device based, again it’s not yesterday when these were around.

For version 14 the license model is known as Flex and that is a subscription model that uses Smart Licensing.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Version 9 uses perpetual license that are stored in PLM, which can be either co-resident or standalone to the CM. It could be that it’s called ELM in that version, I really don’t remember as it’s literally years ago since I last touched one of these. The license model at that time I believe was user based, but it could have been device based, again it’s not yesterday when these were around.

For version 14 the license model is known as Flex and that is a subscription model that uses Smart Licensing.

Response Signature

Thanks for the reply @Roger Kallberg ,

Also, can you guide me through this, my uccx only uses it for IVR.

there is no agent configured so is it necessary to have that license while we don't use it ? (Premium seats and agents) I think it's an extra. (correct me if I was wrong)

Thanks for helping

Premium is an extra for sure. If you don’t use CCX for any agents you do not need to have any licenses for that. Back years ago there was an option to use a specific license for IVR systems, not sure if that still is a viable option. You should check this with a reputable system integrator.

Response Signature