Views
Helpful
Replies

Collecting CDRs and Utilization report from CUBE

Nisarg Shukla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

We want to collect CDRs of SIP calls from CUBE. Is there anyway to do this ? 

Also for capacity planning, we have been unsuccessful to receive trunk utilization report from ITSP so we would like to explore if there is any way to capture SIP trunk utilization from the CUBE interface connected with ITSP SBC ? 

I was referring to this article to collect CDR (https://community.cisco.com/t5/service-providers-documents/collect-cdr-from-cisco-voice-gateway-into-a-realtime-database/ta-p/3107636) but I am not sure if it is applicable for CUBE as well. Our CUBEs are on IOS XE 16.10.1a version. 

Thank you for help in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The article you mentioned in your post does work for SIP Trunks on CUBE Router.I do not have test environment for AAA and Syslog but I was able to test gw-accounting file with FTP Server. I was successfully able to test gw-accounting file on Cisco 2901 with IOS Software version 15.4(1)T3 and on Cisco 4351 with IOS XE Software version 03.16.04b.S. I did not test this feature on IOS XE 16.10.1a but I guess it should work. Below is the configuration that I used:

gw-accounting file
 primary ftp 10.10.200.10/CUBE_ username ftp password ftpstore
 maximum cdrflush-timer 1
!

In this example, CUBE_ is prefix for CDR file name. I am using default settings in this configuration but you can play around different options under gw-accounting file to meet your requirements. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The article you mentioned in your post does work for SIP Trunks on CUBE Router.I do not have test environment for AAA and Syslog but I was able to test gw-accounting file with FTP Server. I was successfully able to test gw-accounting file on Cisco 2901 with IOS Software version 15.4(1)T3 and on Cisco 4351 with IOS XE Software version 03.16.04b.S. I did not test this feature on IOS XE 16.10.1a but I guess it should work. Below is the configuration that I used:

gw-accounting file
 primary ftp 10.10.200.10/CUBE_ username ftp password ftpstore
 maximum cdrflush-timer 1
!

In this example, CUBE_ is prefix for CDR file name. I am using default settings in this configuration but you can play around different options under gw-accounting file to meet your requirements. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you for response Vaijanath. I will test this in lab environment and update.

Hi Vaijanath

I was able to capture CDR with the commands you shared. However, I don't see any headers to identify the columns such as called number, calling number etc in captured CDR report. Is there any template for it ?

I need to process this data and prepare a simple table on splunk or any other platform so any user can filter the record based on timestamp, calling number or called number.