Views
Helpful
Replies

creating user with extension mobility on prime provisioning 10.5

HUI YI CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know any document or have any expirenece on creating user with extension mobility on prime provisioning 10.5?

I'm facing challenges on it, appreciate if you have any document or experience to share with me.

Thanks,

Cherry

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cherry,

Please refer the link 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10-5/provisioning/guide/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Provisioning_Guide_10_5_and_10_5_1/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Provisioning_Guide_10_5_chapter_01100.html

regds,

aman

Thanks, aman. and any on-line training or video for it?

What sort of issues are you facing?

I'm also having problems, but I think it is system related.

CUCM is LDAP synced.

When PCP tries to provision Extension Mobility Access, it actually seems to be trying to update the user on CUCM (via AXL) (this fails as it is an LDAP user and the values come from LDAP and cannot be updated)

I've got a tac case open.

Bug details are currently hidden - CSCuo11522 - but this one is extension mobility provisioning issue

There was also mention of another bug related to failures to provision users with directory URI's in their LDAP record. I didn't catch a bug ID for this one though.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Team.

I try to provision a user with EM, but never have chance to success. The users is local, created by PCP (10.6). no LDAP. As long as I turn on the EM check box on the endpoint level, I will get  error. So I have no way to add EM access service, EM line service.

Please let me know if you have any trick to ass EM by provisioning.

Thanks in advance

Linli

I also have hard time to figure out how to setup Prime Provisioning when using Extension Mobility.

The documentation is very light on that topic and the link you provided is only about provisioning service for extension Mobility access. What about all the rest ?

With extension mobility phones are provisioned without users but PCP requires a user. So the manual talks about the Pseudo User role that needs to be given to a specific user that needs to be added. But what when the CUCM is synched with LDAP?

All the infromation are spread out in bits and pieces everywhere so it's hard to understand how to setup the thing.