Replies

VCS & Lync Integration

ackarabas
Level 1
Level 1

hello all, 

I have question about lync integration. For Instance;

I have one domain for cisco vcs which is named vcsc.vc.abc.com in vc.abc.com, 

and I have another domain for lync, abc.com.

Can I use my one vcs also lync gateway with same name? 

I have done config of lync side according to document and done all certificate.

I tried one vcs as a lync gateway

Finally, I have some errors in VCS status page, 

VCS is alive but LYNC gives errors to me which is unknown failure.

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the VCS-Lync deployment guide:

Take care when you design your deployment that you don't have more than one gateway per Lync domain, or more than one Lync domain per gateway. There is one gateway VCS (or cluster) into a single Lync domain. It is possible to configure multiple Lync domains, provided you have an independent gateway serving each. You cannot configure multiple Lync domains with only one Lync gateway VCS serving all of them. You should avoid configuring multiple gateways to serve one Lync domain. With this deployment, calls from one video endpoint to another video endpoint that is called via its Lync domain will get routed via Lync rather than directly through the collaboration infrastructure; users could lose duo video, far end camera control, and possibly encryption and video quality.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the VCS-Lync deployment guide:

Take care when you design your deployment that you don't have more than one gateway per Lync domain, or more than one Lync domain per gateway. There is one gateway VCS (or cluster) into a single Lync domain. It is possible to configure multiple Lync domains, provided you have an independent gateway serving each. You cannot configure multiple Lync domains with only one Lync gateway VCS serving all of them. You should avoid configuring multiple gateways to serve one Lync domain. With this deployment, calls from one video endpoint to another video endpoint that is called via its Lync domain will get routed via Lync rather than directly through the collaboration infrastructure; users could lose duo video, far end camera control, and possibly encryption and video quality.

HTH

Manish

You are right;Because of licensing, I need to work my vcs also lync gateway. I have one lync domain, also one vc domain, but I have no another vcs to put as a Lync Gateway. Consequence of this, I got "unknown failure" errors..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: