Views
Helpful
Replies

CUAC multisite deployment possible?

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was reading the CUAC design guide and I'm a bit confused about the possibility of implementing a multisite deployment.

We currently have a CUCM cluster over the WAN (servers on sites A and B) and we have a CUACE on site A.

We would like to implement a second CUACE on site B and we would like to confirm if a completely new server would be possible, I mean, we would create a new virtual machine with a new license and a whole new integration. Both CUACE would be independent from each other.

Is it possible or do we need to implement a centralized deployment with remote operators?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

With the Premium Edition, there is a High Availability type of deployment, where one of the Premium servers is considered the Publisher and is the primary server used by the Attendant Console clients and the other Premium server is considered the Subscriber and will be inactive until failover.  If the Publisher fails all Attendant Operators are switched to the Subscriber. Once the Publisher is up and running again, the operators are prompted to reconnect to the Publisher.  This is HA type of deployment is not available with the Business, Department or Enterprise versions of Attendant Console.

The section on "Premium Edition Server Resilience" at this link contains information on this type of HA deployment:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/CUAC_V9_Design_G.pdf

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

I'm not looking for a HA deployment, in fact, I'm looking for two independent CUAC within the same CUCM cluster and that's what I want to make sure that is possible.

Let's say, the current CUACE would be administered by users in site A and CUACE would be administered bu users in site B. Each site would have its own server, application, licenses, etc. but they use the same communications manager.

Hi Daniel,

Yes this is completely possbile, I am using multiple CUEAC 8.6 servers on a single CUCM cluster in my environment today.  Just be sure that the service devices use different extensions between the two CUEAC servers and you should be fine.

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony