cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cube in High Availability

DuBu
Level 1
Level 1

We have a site with 2 CUBEs. I  would like to confirm the configuration for enabling HA between the 2 CUBEs.

We have done the following configuration on both the CUBEs and applied the redundancy group on the correct interfaces.

###############################

redundancy
mode none
application redundancy
group 1
name voice-HA
priority 100 failover threshold 75
timers delay 30 reload 60

#######################################

Just wanted to confirm, Do we need to add the "redundancy group" command under voice service voip to enable HA?.

Without adding that under voice service voip, when i run the show application redundancy group , i see the output as follows on the Secondary CUBE. Does this mean that HA is enabled??

Router#sh redundancy application group 1
Group ID:1
Group Name:voice-HA

Administrative State: No Shutdown
Aggregate operational state : Up
My Role: STANDBY
Peer Role: ACTIVE
Peer Presence: Yes
Peer Comm: Yes
Peer Progression Started: Yes

RF Domain: btob-one
RF state: STANDBY HOT
Peer RF state: ACTIVE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @DuBu,

yes you need to enter redundancy-group 1 (in your case) command under voice service voip.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-high-availability-ISR4K.html

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @DuBu,

yes you need to enter redundancy-group 1 (in your case) command under voice service voip.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-high-availability-ISR4K.html

Best regards

Thanks M02@rt37 -- just a small confusion, how is it still showing the status of the CUBE as "Stand-BY" for Secondary under "show redundancy application group" command or would it continue to show the status but the actual HA functionality wont work ?

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

@DuBu,

Regarding this output:

Router#sh redundancy application group 1
Group ID:1
Group Name:voice-HA

Administrative State: No Shutdown
Aggregate operational state : Up
My Role: STANDBY
Peer Role: ACTIVE
Peer Presence: Yes
Peer Comm: Yes
Peer Progression Started: Yes

RF Domain: btob-one
RF state: STANDBY HOT
Peer RF state: ACTIVE

You are on the STANDBY and the peer CUBE is the ACTIVE.

Best regards

I understand  the output. My question was, at present i have NOT configured the "redundancy-group" under voice service voip for both the CUBEs.

Does that mean that even though the output shows that the CUBE is in STandBy mode, the actual HA functionality would NOT work as i need to update the voice service voip with the "redundancy-group" command?

Yes sir! @DuBu 

Best regards