cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Call Handler fails to transfer to users voicemail on no answer

Chadster766
Level 1
Level 1

CUC Call Handler fails to transfer to users voicemail on no answer.

Could it be the CUC users transfer settings or a line setting on the CUCM user?

11 Replies 11

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you call the user's extension directly, does it transfer to voicemail properly? Check the transfer rule for this user in CUC. What are the settings for "Transfer Calls To:" and "Transfer Type"?

Brandon

Yes when the users extension is called directly it transfers to voicemail on "no answer".

CUC users transfer settings:

Transfer Calls To: Extension or URI: 1000

Transfer Type: Supervise Transfer

Rings to Wait For 4

If Extension is Busy: Send Callers to Voicemail

Change the transfer type to "Release to Switch".

Brandon

That worked! I thought I had tried that before.

I will need to double check the delivery of the call handlers dispatch messages with that setting.

I changed all the users transfer settings.

I discovered that when the call handler is called internally it transfer to the dispatch message distro list but if the an incoming call from outside hits the call handler and a no answer it

Looks like part of your reply was cut off. Are you sure the two calls are hitting the same call handler. Could the external call be hitting a hunt pilot on CUCM and then forward to the call handler?

I check that. Thanks

Sorry for the delay I spilt coffee all over my new 7861. I pulled it apart and made sure it was good. Very well made hardware :-)

Doesn't it go to the CTI route point first and then forward all to the Call handler with the same extension?

The solution for the call handler no answer from external calls to the user extension was that "Forward no answer external" was unchecked.

I still have the issue of the call handler hanging up on a no answer from an outside line.

I figured it out. It was a combination of things:

1. Line Forward External
  2. CUC user transfer settings "send to switch"
  3. Call Handlers need to have the same extension as the Hunt Groups
  4. The Hunt Pilots needs to "Forward on no answer" and "Forward Busy" to the CUC SIP Trunk

Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for posting the update.

Brandon