Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC- CUCM SIP Integration

CUCM 11.5 is integrated with CUC via SIP. All working fine, I noted down one thing that in CUC-> Telephony Integration->port group->New port group->Create From-> SCCP is selected against "port group type". I believe it should be SIP. 

Also "Register with SIP server" is not checked.

Check the attachment for reference. 

Does it making any difference?

Please advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When creating a new port group u have option for both SIP and SCCP

Port Group For SIP.

• Phone System > Select the Phone System from Drop Down Menu that was created in the above step
  • Create From > Check Mark Port Group Type > SIP
  • IPv4 Address or Host Name > Enter the IP Address of Cisco Unified Communication Manager
  • Save
  • Edit > Servers > Enter the IP Address of Cisco Unified Communication Manager and select the order/priority. 

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 11.30.01 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-10-29 at 11.30.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-10-29 at 11.30.57 PM.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

When creating a new port group u have option for both SIP and SCCP

Port Group For SIP.

• Phone System > Select the Phone System from Drop Down Menu that was created in the above step
  • Create From > Check Mark Port Group Type > SIP
  • IPv4 Address or Host Name > Enter the IP Address of Cisco Unified Communication Manager
  • Save
  • Edit > Servers > Enter the IP Address of Cisco Unified Communication Manager and select the order/priority. 

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 11.30.01 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-10-29 at 11.30.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-10-29 at 11.30.57 PM.png

Response Signature

Thank you Nitin for sharing information.

Could you please tell me one this, after SIP integration if i am selecting SCCP then what would be the impact?

• Create From > Check Mark Port Group Type > SCCP

if u created  port group with SiP, there is no option to make it SCCP in that same port group. 

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 6.50.38 PM.png

SCCP is for SCCP integrations and SIP for Sip integrations. if u make a new SCCP port group, then u need to do required SCCP configuration on CUCM for voicemail to work. 

Response Signature