CUC Migrate Licenses from 8.6 to 11.X

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I will upgrade CUC 8.6 to 11.x, abou the licenses i have two options:

Using COBRAS Tool
Using Upgrade Process

"If you are upgrading from Unity Connection 8.6 and earlier releases to Unity Connection 9.x and later releases, the legacy license information of the earlier release is uploaded to the upgraded release database"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/install_upgrade/guide/11xcuciumgx/11xcuciumg060.html#47436

Using the second one the licenses will be upgrade automatically?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Leonardo,

No matter which method you choose, you still have to go through the License migration/fulfillment process on PLM, the flowchart in the link below shows some good step by step instructions;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/11_0_1/userguide/CPLM_BK_U2C0C808_00_user-guide-rel-1101/license_management_1101.html#CPLM_TK_C2EA6089_00

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thanks

Per my understand from the CUCM we do before the upgrade and CUC we do after the upgrade correctly?

Regards

Leonardo Santana 

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi Leonardo,

You are most welcome my friend!

For CUCM there are portions to be done before upgrading to PLM (like running the license count utility)

Unified Communications Manager / CallManager / Cisco Unity Connection Utilities-LCU
And then the license fulfillment etc. is done after PLM is built and the migration is completed as shown in the flow charts from the doc I linked earlier.
It's always a "best practice" to engage GLO (Global licensing Organization) before starting any of the upgrade process to ensure you have everything in order before starting. There are some different CUCM upgrade scenarios that require different pre/post upgrade steps.
GLO - FAQ's
Cheers!
Rob