CUC Unable to transfer to an external number after Caller Input

We have a set of call handlers that direct calls based on caller input, i.e.:

1. Call external # for Office
  2. Greeting plays
  3. Caller chooses Option 1
  4. Gets transferred to 2nd level call handler
  5. Caller chooses Option 6
  6. It then should get transferred to an external contact number

-Instead it plays the transfer greeting, "Please wait while I transfer your call", MOH plays, and then dead silence.

It does not ring, then you are forced to hang it up.  It's like the call gets sent (to the SIP router I am guessing), but never gets there or gets terminated on that end.

All other options within the handlers work (transferring to an internal extension, and transfer to an additional call handler)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or any ideas on where else to troubleshoot.

32 Replies 32

Yea I have a catch all outgoing dial-peer.

On the router if I do the "show dialplan number *****" , it matches a dial peer

Also if a user directly dials the number from their desk phone, it gets out no problem

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

Just thought I might add one note to the great tips from Nadeem, Vivek, Lorenz & Anna (+5 each folks!)

I would check the Transfer Restriction Tables in Unity Connection admin to see if the desired number is allowed in the table. By default, this type of transfer to external would be blocked to prevent Toll Fraud. See attached link;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsagx/9xcucsag110.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Yea I ran into this suggestion a couple of days ago.  Is it incorrect to simply uncheck them all?

The weird thing is, this was all working before we implemented a new "AutoAttendant" setup, with more call handlers etc., and I never messed with that setting before?

I have the Default System Transfer and Default Transfer all unchecked, as far as testing purposes go.  If I got it working, I would just go back and check one by one.

or is there a conflict by unchecking all the blocked options

Thanks