cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC: User Notification Device

Josh K.
Level 1
Level 1

We have communal user mailboxes set up in Unity, and we have a need for the message notification to go to different notification devices at different times of the day (morning vs. afternoon).

Eg. from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm notifications sent to ext. 1000, then from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm notifications sent to extension 2000. We then want to turn off the notifications from 5:00 pm until 7:00 am the next morning.

Is there any solution to have one mailbox send notifications to different devices for different time ranges?

Thanks for any input,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Josh,

You could try to set up 1000 as the Work phone (notification device) and 2000 as the Home phone (notification device) and each could have it's own schedule set up via PCA. Maybe this could achieve the desired results.

Cheers!

Rob 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Josh,

You could try to set up 1000 as the Work phone (notification device) and 2000 as the Home phone (notification device) and each could have it's own schedule set up via PCA. Maybe this could achieve the desired results.

Cheers!

Rob 

Hi Rob,

I assumed that since you can't set up a schedule in Admin, I wouldn't be able to in PCA.

I assumed wrong.

Thank you for insight, it looks like it should work.

Josh

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Josh,

You are most welcome my friend! You can launch the schedule page via CUC admin as well;

Go to your Notification Device page and look in the upper right hand corner

In the Related Links list, click

Edit Notification Device Details

, and click

Go

. You will see the notification schedule that is specified on the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant page

Cheers!

Rob

Oh snap! That will be much easier than logging into each User via PCA that requires this option. That little Related Links option always eludes me.

You've been extremely helpful today buddy, thank you so much.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Josh,

You are most welcome my friend! My pleasure!

Cheers!

Rob