cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCCX Database connection on informix

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,  allthough this is not directly linked to Cisco I was hoping for some help.

I am working with our Dev team to make our wallboard version 8.5 compatiable ready for an upgrade. It is all built and working well on a 32bit machine however when we ran it on a 64bit machine( the final soloution) we are having issues with the informix drivers.

We are using Informix  Version : 3.70.xC5, May 2012

We get the error below:

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'IBM.Data.Informix, Version=3.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7c307b91aa13d208' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

It looks like it can not referance the correct DLLs

Can anyone point is in the right direction to resolve this?

Much apprciated

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can install the 32-bit ODBC drivers on a 64-bit OS. Maybe try that - you would then configure DSNs using

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe instead of the control panel ODBC applet.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Rob-Simpson
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same problem, in this case from a 64-bit command line app. Did you have any luck getting the 64-bit Informix drivers to work? Thanks in advance.

After checking the location of all the .dll files for the assemblies in the MANIFEST, and then those dependencies MANIFESTs, to make sure they all existed and their directories were properly included in the path....

I did get it to work by adding "/platform:x64" to the compile command and then simply copying the two Informix .dll files to the directory that had the .exe file, where we were running the .exe from.

Richards and Robert,

Why not save yourself most of the work and use a 3rd party solution instead?

I recommend that you check out 2Ring DASHBOARDS & WALLBOARDS -

www.2Ring.com/DW. The solution provides a very user friendly UI for the management of layouts, banners, KPIs, and all of the content that's presented on plasma screens or on supervisor PCs. It also offers a free trial that you can have up and running in 5 minutes or less.

Especially if you go with a self-installation package, then the solution offers great value - and I (as well as a lot of our UCCX customers) think that then it is basicaly a no-brainer. Feel free to reach out to me for pricing or more details.

Michal, 2Ring (mgrebac@2Ring.com)