Cuci lync Authentication

Jose Arango
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have  the following scenario:

CUCM 7.1.5

Ldap Server

Lync Server

The Cucm is not integrated with the Active directory, the users are created locally. Can I use the Cucilync without this integration? which key do i need set in the windows regedit for it works?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Jose Luis Arango

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The end user expierence is not going to be fun.  They will have to manage (2) usernames and password.   They will login into Lync client with AD crednetials then login into CUCIlync with their CUCM credentials.   I think it might work if you match the usernames.  Basically whats going on is the client is doing all the work for on/off status.  When a client goes offhook, the CUCM alerts the client.  The client then turns around and alerts Lync to change its status.  

Id give it a try, I have not tried it myself, but typically everything should be LDAP for a working system.

But looking at the install guide, CUCM really should be working with LDAP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/config_servers.html#wpxref64255

thanks, I understand now,  but I can not do this integration..  could you tell me please which registry subkeys, do I need for it works.

Thanks

Jose